Only Buzzing Output Through Speakers

Crown DC300A Series II (an oldie but oldie) buzzes/hums through speakers when connected to a source.  No other audio output.  Dead silent when disconnected from source.  Ideas as to the crux of the problem?
allenzachary
Not dead, Russ.  Dead would mean it wouldn't turn on or had no response at all.  She's alive, but not feeling well.

The question is what is ailing her.
If it's quiet without a source and buzz/hum with source, could be a bad ground or something in the input circuit of the amp. My guess is the outputs on the amp are still good. Have you used the source on another amp? With unbalanced 1/4" phone plugs? As I recall the Crown's only had 1/4" jacks, for inputs?
Crown amps, when new at todays prices, have gotten a bit pricey. I had my Crown XTi 2002 go TU. I shipped it to Crown Audio's Factory repair center, they replaced a couple of caps and one or two other do-dads I don't remember the name of, sent it back to me in a couple of days with a bill of about $120, I believe it was.

I was very pleased how they carried out the repair, and it's been working like new for about four or five months now.

Call Crown and find out who is the repair center in your area, and see if it can be fixed at a reasonable price.

Good luck, regards,
Dan.