Only 1 Lacquer producer left, in a garage in Japan?

Can someone comment on this.
I had read this article about 3 months ago.  When I saw the headlines about Apollo burning down, I found it again.
This article states:

“There are only two companies worldwide that produce lacquers. One of these companies is a one-man operation in Japan run by an old man who produces the lacquers in his garage."
"https://www.factmag.com/2015/05/07/pressed-to-the-edge-vinyl/

I sure hope his garage is 10,000 square feet...
lps4eloise
Most new pressings suck any how. Buy good well cared for used records, they will sound better than most anything pressed today. You can still find original first pressings still sealed or In near mint condition at a premium (but worth it) price. All my own opinion of course.....😁
^I guess that’s an option if you only derive happiness from “old” music.

Personally, I probably derive the deepest enjoyment from music I’ve listened to for years. At least the majority of depth, that is. But at the same time, I think the majority of enjoyment, as a whole, comes from experiencing new music. Or, new to me at least.
Consider all the other chemical engagements that come with the purchase, unwrapping and discovery of new stuff and it pains me to consider a future, however temporary, that doesn’t include the process of sitting down with a new, maybe even unknown, album of music and the ethereal quality of that experience can bring.
Oh crap ..almost forgot. I can just Spotify that Crap. . Nevermind.