One turntable with two arms, or two turntables with one each - which would you prefer?

Which would you prefer, if budget allowed: one turntable with two tonearms or two turntables with one each? What would your decision criteria be?

And the corollary: one phono preamp with multiple inputs or two phono preamps?

Assume a fixed budget, but for the purposes of this question, the budget is up to the responder. Admittedly for this type of setup, there will be a sizeable investment once all components of the chain are factored in.

I'm curious to hear how people would decide for themselves the answer to this question. Or maybe you've already made this decision - what do you like about your decision or what would you differently next time?

Cheers.

dullgrin

I am also an owner of Manufactured Stone as a Plinth, which has the Brand Name Corian. 

Corian is about 1/3 resin 2/3 mineral.

Engineered quartz stone is 95% quartz  / 5% resin.

These materials are quite different. I would never describe corian as a manufactured stone.

Corian is potentially the earliest form of a Composite Stone to be produced an available mainstream material, it has a Patent, and it is this Patent that is the fundamental guidance referenced to produce alternative Composite Stone products that followed.

It is hard to see how a 66% inclusion of Bauxite Stone with the rest as an Adhesive Resin, used in the mixture for Corian, disqualifies it from being termed as a Manufactured/Engineered Stone. 

One TT with one arm and one cart  . Why complicate life. Enjoy the MUSIC. Good sounding music is enough, you done need perfect sounding music as there is no sich thing

I must admit I have not heard the Panzerholz warps. Thinner thicknesses can bow but I've never seen it warp. 

We use it for professional motorsports and never had a part returned because it warp. We have been using densified wood for a few decades so have some experience. 

We have racks of this material from 3mm-100mm and have used it in many applications. 

Currently I'm building a three teir component rack with 40mm Panzerholz. 

@duramax747 You have a very long experience with Densified Wood and have potentially seen it evolve to the production methods used today.

When I first started to learn about Densified Wood and the applications it is selected for, one memorable info' is that the development has now about a100 years of history. 

I have no doubt, there is a noticeable value to be had from producing a Rack, I have seen owners with a 'stash', start using their Plinth Blanks as Sub Plinths after my introducing them to the positive effects of it combined with a P'holz Plinth.

As stated on previous occasions, it has really been an attractive addition with suspension footers under a few other TT's and Digital Source.  

There are Companies asking for up to a £1000 for a P'holz Sub Plinth, even more if a swirly rebate is milled into it. I am confident my Water-Stained Blanks are as good; the surface markings have a real impact on SQ 😎.

You are fortunate to have a ready access to the materials, in the UK, P'holz has almost stopped being imported, at present a source of importer of a full board is not known. I may have been the last person to import a full board.  

Have you any knowledge of Dynawood, as this is looking to be quite common in the US.