One receiver for both ht and 2 channel (diff speakers)

I'm trying to set up a multi channel ht system. Maybe including height speakers and 2 small subwoofers. I plan to use book shelf size speakers for the ht.

I would also like to run a separate 2 channel system with larger full range floor standers. 

Can I do this using 1 high quality receiver?

If the receiver had a powered zone 2 would this work for the 2 channel?

Or would I need to use preouts with external amp for the 2 channel?

Was thinking about a Marantz 6014

johnjmark

A stereo pre with HT bypass is the best option.  It's the best of both worlds for everything in one room.

Hi..i have a set up where i have my 2 fronts (B&W 702 S3) connected to the Douk VU3 Switch along with the NAD M10V2 for music.  I have the Marantz SR8015 amp connected to the switch and the rest of my speakers connected to the Marantz (7.1.4).  When i want to listen to music, i switch to the NAD amp and when i want home theater i switch to the Marantz amp.  It works great.  I also have a pro Ject Box 2 phono preamp connected to the NAD so i can listen to my turntable using stereo..

I have a Rotel 5 channel amp and want to both listen to 5-7 channel surround but also listen to my B&W speakers in stereo. I want to replace my Rotel preamp with a decent AVR with Pure sound option and pre-outs for left/right and maybe center? Looking at Marantz cinema 70 or 60. Opinions?

@dennis041992 I recently purchased an Onkyo RZ-50 I use for A/V that feed my 5.2.1 speakers (B&W). Running 2 Parasound amps for this, through per-outs on the receiver. In zone 2, I have connected my analog (TUBE) setup for stereo mode to feed my (LaScala’s). The setup is almost broken in on the Onkyo, the sound is starting to jive in the 2 channel setup. I mostly listen to LP’s so after that session, I’ll either go to the tuner or TIDAL which I just downloaded last week. Which makes it convenient to listen to an LP before purchase.