Okay......best single box reference CD player

I currently own a CEC TL-1 transport, along with a dcs Delius and Purcell upsampler.....what one box CD player out there can deliver dynamics, transpareny, smoothness and inner detail that will outperform my current set up. Meridian 808....???? Please let me know your thoughts....
garebear
>>Its weird that everybody who has an Evolution Acoustics speaker has a Darzteel amp<<

Not if you are familar with all of them.

It's not a coincidence.
I'm using my Playback Designs with Lamm 1.2 Ref. monos and Talon Firebird Diamonds. Not that I wouldn't want the Darts and MM3's but I'm happy with what I have.

One can come to trust a dealer after a number transactions. If a dealers recommendations turn out as promised that dealer earns your trust. That's how a dealer will build a successful business with many loyal customers.

So I agree with Mr. Feil that's it's no coincidence. I would hope that he too has such loyal customers.

But enough of dealer attacks, lets get back to the best one box player.

Frank
Dont ever buy a Mark Levinson #39, pure junk, I have owned mine for 4 years. Nothing but trouble, I have 20 year old el cheapos that still play. Last year I spent $800 geting all the caps replaced, the drawer recaled (that took em 1 month),and other stuff. This year my transport went out, $600 for that part and what ever for labor.
IN THE END A $6000 piece of crap.
oh but when it plays it does sound good, if it plays.

LEVINSON should be ashamed, used to think they made quality...boy I was wrong.

Give me a Wadia
I can't believe no one listed the Ayre C5xe in the list. This is the one to beat. You must use it in balanced mode however.
>>I can't believe no one listed the Ayre C5xe in the list<<

Believe it.

It would have been mentioned otherwise.