Ohm Walsh old vs. Microwalsh new

I'm looking for advice about which route to take: whether to buy new Microwalsh Talls direct from Ohm, or to try picking up some used Ohm Walsh 2s or similar. Has anyone directly compared the newer Microwalsh designs with the older Walsh 2 or 4, e.g.? I'm looking for excellent soundstage on a limited budget. Thanks.
dogue
My room is 13'x13' with a 9' ceiling. I have the Micros about 2' out from the rear wall. So, based on what you say, it's probably just a matter of the speakers breaking in fully. I'll be certain to report back. Thanks again.
Things are starting to settle in. I had a bumping and long party last weekend which helped to do some solid breaking in. I still feel like the bass is a little light, but I think it's improving and still breaking in.
Glad to hear it.

Try moving the speaks 6" or so closer to the wall as a test if you haven't already and see if that helps.

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you have both speaks connected to amp in phase, ie + to + and - to - on both. Bass is compromised when speaks are mistakenly hooked up out of phase.

Meanwhile, I've loosely plugged the ports on my Walsh 2 Series 3 in my 12X 12 sun-room with cathedral ceiling and moved one out from the corner in order to lower the bass level which I thought was just a tad too much prior.