Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
The easy classical pick for me is The Nutcracker on MLP. Its included in teh first MLP box set from a couple years back as well.
D-sonic M3-1500 my first impression.

Out of the box, I am pleasantly surprised at what I am hearing. Be advised, I have nothing to compare them to but my old B&K EX442 and it is no longer connected so no AB. I was concerned about loosing mid and upper range sweetness, but am no longer worried about that. What I have gained - and almost goes without saying - is a substantial bottom end and generally fuller sound. I notice no high range digital edginess or screech. I should mention here that I am soon to hit 73, so take that with a little of salt I suppose. As to my background, I am a recovering music teacher and studied and have heard all instruments play live singly and in orchestras and bands.

Music I listened to was orchestra, solo men and women's voice, choral, string quartet and other chamber groups, brass bands, and finished off with St-Saens' Organ Symphony - Ormandy, Philadelphia w/Michael Murray - Still the best version to my ears. It was an excellent finish. I will say, that I feel Ohms are finally living up to my expectations in the bass department. Some of you have said more power might obviate any desire to add subs. I'm in full agreement with that assessment and I appreciate your suggestions!

System: PS Audio Power Plant Premier > 2009 Mac Mini (AIFF files) > M2Tech Hiface2 USB to SPDIF converter > M2Tech Young DAC > Placette Remote Volume Control Unit > D-sonic M3-1500 (2x mono) > Ohm Acoustic 5000. Power and Speaker cabling is Mapleshade solid copper except amp power cables are std mfg.
Coot, did the amp come with any documentation like an owner manual? Do you know the input impedance and the voltage input sensitivity for full output? At your normal listening level is the volume control on your preamp set a little higher, lower or about the same? Good write up, it's what I expected, a more control and tunefulness bottom end.
Tobe:

There is a brief manual that covers all M3 amps. I asked Dennis about impedance. He replied as follows "The M3-1500Ms have a 60k ohm input impedance which will assure a high common mode rejection factor."

I find volume settings are no different that what I am used to with the B&K.

Hope this helps. More remarks to follow when I've done more listening. Make that when "we" have done more listening. My wife is more sensitive to pinched, screechy string sound than I am.
Re: D-sonic

I have to renig just a bit on my comment about treble sweetness. Today it is not as sweet as we would like. Still some digital edginess in upper violin range. Overall the sound is not as open as we would like as well, but still breaking in. To be continued...