Octave V70SE vs Qualiton X200

Anyone experience comparing both amps? Currently have the Qualiton X200 on audition and really very impressed. The Octave has gotten really good reviews as well, but from what I’ve read it’s pretty neutral sounding. I’m looking for a warmer sound but still resolving which is why I chose to demo the X200 first. It hasn’t disappointed thus far. Pricing is close, Octave is a bit more but not far away from the X200. This is subjective but looks wise I prefer the X200. Reminds me of my Dads old Hifi setup. Thanks in advance.
chipcalzone

Showing 4 responses by audiosaurusrex

@chipcalzone 
I was debating the X200 as well and had the option of doing a demo of Octave line. I wound up with the V70 Class A. It is the most resolving and detailed amp I’ve ever heard and very very responsive to different tubes. I originally demoed the V40se, then the V80se. They are all just superb. Depending on what speakers you have you might want the super black box. Pricey but superb build and fantastic support which is why I chose it. You might try to do a demo of the V70se if you can.
@chipcalzone
Remote is included. No extra cost. Not sure where your located but I had great experience with https://www.safeandsoundhq.com/pages/search-results-page?q=Octave in Chicopee MA. Mike owner and Aaron in sales might be able to help you with a demo. I had a great experience with them. I agree the extra BB is a consideration and can always be added later. You might also want to reach out to Andreas to see about system compatibility. Either way both your choices are stellar amps! Good Luck!
@chipcalzoneI’m using Spatial M3 Sapphires 
https://www.spatialaudiolab.com/shop/m3
Definitely the best system I’ve ever owned and probably my last. Good Luck to you!
@chipcalzone 
The store I demoed the Octave line had the entire Dynaudio line so I asked to hook up the Confidence 20's as well as the Contour 20i's.
My jaw dropped. IMO the combo of the Octave and Dynaudio is a match made in heaven! Good Luck to you!