NY audio show 2022

This question addressed to audio folks-living close to NYC --- Are you going to audio show NYC September 9-10 , or you think is too small and decided to pass?

128x128bache

Showing 1 response by serjio

I don't go to audio shows anymore... Nothing fundamentally new.
I remember a couple of cases.
At one show, two well-known audio journalists had an argument - whose home system sounds better and invited those who wanted to be "trial by jury" ... I had free time and I went.
There was a whole bunch of electronics - boutique brands - Gryphon, Japanese Kondo, Magico, Goldmund, exotic cables ... To be honest - the sound of the systems of each of them I found mediocre - such a sound could be bought for less money ... (or made to work this equipment is better in other combinations).
But I made a good conclusion for myself - you don’t need to read the reviews of these "experts" - you need to think with your own head!

Another time (before covid) I was at a show in Munich ... In one of the rooms I witnessed how an elderly couple wanted to give their son a wedding gift (they even sold a car for this) ... They wanted to deceive them! - I felt sorry for them and I broke that deal ... There was a verbal conflict with the sellers ... When I was already going to the parking lot, four people caught up with me ... three ambals and a seller (a cunning guy - he then ran away).
In my youth, I was an athlete - my hands still remember something, and my security driver is a current winner of international boxing competitions ...
The fight ended ahead of schedule - in the first round ... the guys were left lying on the pavement.
A group of student girls passed by - they said WOW ... it was so nice)))