NY audio show 2022

This question addressed to audio folks-living close to NYC --- Are you going to audio show NYC September 9-10 , or you think is too small and decided to pass?

128x128bache

Showing 4 responses by reg19

Disappointing. Bought a 2-day pass, got done in 2 hours.

They had only the low-end versions of Luxman (507xxx) and Pass Labs (XA25) - both used to present speakers (so, they were not the star of the room). Same for Audionote.

I went there to hear setups much superior to what i have at home. Not even close.

Pretty sure I visited all the rooms. 

@bache was that the room in which the lampizator was used?

@cerrot You’re talking cr$p by unnecessarily exaggerating how ‘difficult’ it is.

I drove in from Northern NJ. Went to the Spot Hero website. Booked parking spot 1 block away from the audio show ($31 for 5 hours!). Listened to my favorite music and podcasts along the way. Because so many are working from home, reached the spot in 45 minutes of easy driving. The show was a 2 min walk from my parking spot.

@cerrot: Every day, thousands of bankers in fancy suits and fat wallets commute from my part of the world to NYC. In the evening, they go out 2-3 nights a week entertaining clients / meeting others at restaurants / bars till late. They all return home without incident - as do my wife and I. Have been doing so for months. As have commuters from Westchester County, and southern CT. We have family (cousins, nephews) who reside in Manhattan and enjoy it.

But I have no interest in weening you away from News Max or whatever you’re watching…