NPR, Wine Tasteing, & Audiophiles

Was running errands yesterday and caught the last bit of a rather famous story about wine tasting on National Public Radio. They did a single blind test with several highly thought of experts to find out what the 'best' wines were. The clear winner for white whine was a lowly California vintage, and in general the realy high priced famous vintage stuff did not fare better than some current vintage wines that the average person might afford.
Remind you of anything :).
jeff_jones

Showing 4 responses by robm321

The difference is huge. Wine all starts with grapes, and then gets processed.

Audio components have a lot more to do with materials that go into the product, engineering, and usually the heavier the better (shipping costs).

Too much of a stretch to compare the two.

ROFL R_f_sayles!!!
R_F_sayles,

"Think I'll have a glass or three of semi-cheap wine and tune in to Car Talk or A Prairie Home Companion myself!"

I grew up in the Napa Valley. I am definately laughing in agreement.

ROFL (rolling on the floor laughing) the other R was a typo.
Classical1 and Budrew,

I live in San Ramon. I've seen all these concerts and known people that have gone, but I got down there. The bay area is great for music. San Jose jazz festival, etc.
"It is only if a wine consistently performs well at shows and events over a period of time that one can draw conclusions" - johangrb

Are you sure this wasn't an excuse to drink more.

"I'm not an alcoholic, I'm just being thorough with my wine tests" ;)

I'm just having fun. You have a good point. I've changed my point of view after long listening test from what I originally thought before. For example, I always prefer a SS CD player when comparing it to a tubed output player for the first song. Long term, the SS gets old quick, and I usually will prefer the tubed player.