Not sure for power conditioner my amp or not.

Hi, I have an VTA ST-120 I built using KT88C’s for my 2 channel. I have all my equipment running through a Torus Power TOT MAX Toroidal Isolation. I have heard 2 different versions on what to do. As far as what to plug my amp into. The wall or the TOT’s? I know this isn’t a "power conditioner" such as PS Audio sells. Should I keep everything plugged into the TOT, so all my grounds are the same and it has the optional surge protection? Or straight into the wall? I tried the wall once, but didn’t hear a difference really. But I didn’t test for long and not sure I ever got to the point of drawing too much power from the amp. Which is the best way to leave it? Thanks! Scott

VTA ST-120

128x128smoorenc

I just read the topic on this I did not read any comments but I know some manufacturers do not like power conditioners to be used with their products I would call customer support first I know Denon for one does not recommend a power conditioner

You guys are great, I just got up and moved the plug on my little office Peach Tree Nova 300 (integrated) to a wall outlet and huge diff. Not kidding. During -While playing Dark Star 2-27-69 thru some Harbies 30.1's so diff was apparent to me. anyway...Does anyone ever ask this question about Integrated equip anyway?

@johnnycamp5:  Right, toroidal transformers don't perform well for balanced power supply systems.  Although nobody ever sells theirs because they're awesome, the Dodd Balanced Power Supply, the unit that you'll see powering the electronics at all GR Research demos, uses a massive 100 lb. laminated core transformer.  It has no sonic signature; only improving signal to noise ratio and dynamics

Hey, 

No amps on power conditioners. If you have a really nice preamp that stays off the conditioner too. If you don’t believe me then play three songs with your amp plugged into the conditioner. Then plug it right into the wall, wait three days, and play the same three songs. Only change this one thing. That way you know it’s the amp. I think the power conditioner can starve the amp and /or color the sound based on what technology it is using. During heavy lightning storms or when on vacation I unplug all of it. 

@hsounds "Then plug it right into the wall, wait three days, and play the same three songs."

help me understand what the 3 day wait is all about