Not much talk about Yamaha turntables.

I've been wanting to jump into the analog world for years, but for a lack of experience and/or knowledge about the equipment, I haven't. There's plenty of talk here about the big names in analog and I was surprised the other day browsing around somewhere that Yamaha has turntables.  Are these any good?  What do they compare to in terms of other more well-known analog names?  I'm not asking about their $8,000 models.  I will never be able to afford that.  I'm asking more about their sub $1k models.  

Thanks!
shtinkydog
No, I don't have to buy Yamaha.  I was just curious as to why not so much here about Yamaha turntables. 
The main problem is that the integrated tonearms for these decks were designed for very high compliance cartridges that were all the rage on Japanese consumer decks in the late 70s/early 80s. This greatly limits the availability of cartridges that will work well on these tonearms.

Tons of high compliance cartridges available NOS on ebay from brands like grace, Stanton, Pickering, ADC, Sonus, Sony etc. All of them are MM or MI, some of them are amazing. I'm buying those cartridges myself all the time. 

shtinkydog
 OP
128 posts
04-29-2020 12:18pm
Mark: Are the p750/751 vintage or current models?
They are vintage turntables. Yamaha doesn't make a decent new turntable in my opinion. except models way over 1000 dollars. I didn't know you asking about new models. New there are so many other turntables better than the current Yamaha models I wouldn't even consider them.   

Yogi, thanks!  Everyone else, I'm interested in current models only, no vintage. That's why I asked when someone offered the 750/751.
I didn't know that the sub $1k current Yamahas were garbage, according to some.