Not Another NuForce thread......

Ok, first I am not shill or related to, or affiliated with NuForce in any way...I just thought that we should have a thread to discuss the V2...

I just placed the Reference 9 SE "V2" in my system after living with the NuForce 9 SE for the past year and auditioning the Reference 9 V2 for the past 2 months...

I am putting out there for comment and debate that the Reference 9 SE V2 is one of the top 5 best amplifiers out there and currently available. (I personally think that it one of the top 3, but I am leaving room for argument)

Sitting in my room last night I was reminded of one of those transforming audio experiences. My first ones was couple of hours with the Sinus Faber Amati Homage pushed with a full compliment of the top of the line ML gear all with in a perfectly treated room....My experience with the Reference 9 SE V2 was like that...

Please comment if you are able on the V2 in general, what was your experience?? Are your thought of the Reference 9 SE V2 the same??
jb8312
"NuForce bested my ARC VT100MKII hands down. An immediate knockout"
That was certainly not my experience. I had the 8.02's, and a VT100 mk2 at the time. I found the Nuforces boring, and sterile compared to the ARC. They were initially impressive sounding, but I did not want to listen long, unlike the multi hour sessions with the ARC. They just did not sound as natural as the ARC. But then, the ARC was more than twice the price, so it should have been better, and was.
9rw,
have you ever thought about getting a life? It could seriously improve your general mood.
We are just talking bloody hi-fi, if you are not interested in Nuforce you could go elsewhere, take up golf, get a vacation, a better job, make a friend, just stop insulting people for no reason.
I really feel sorry for you, for the way you are intruding this thread and for all the people you have insulted
jb8312,
Nuforce is an extremely revealing amp; it cannot compensate for poor recordings. If there was an amp that could make "Californication" sound properly million of people would buy it...
NF amps are also extremely fussy about all the ancillary equipment. Yesterday I was contacted by a member of a UK forum who was curious abut the NF, as he wanted a summer amp to get besides his McIntosh 275; he asked me to come to an audition. We spent a few hours of good time listening and we did some cable swapping. The differences we heard were very noticeable to say the least.
I was a bit nervous about his judgment because my rig is totally American:
Opus 21>NF ref9SE v2>gallo ref3II
so the sound of my rig is very, very lively, the way I like it, but totally different from the general British sound, very polite (always please and thank you) and laid back. To make a long story short, the next day he went all the way to the NuForce dealer and not just for the summer, but for all seasons...
First of all Audiofeil has listed and still lists Nuforce on his website and now says: that Nuforce amplifiers are over priced, and under performing and now all of a sudden he is not carrying them.
Go back and read his entire post. I think he was referring to ARC when he made those comments, though it confused me at first, too.
Yes Drubin I was referring to ARC. Some people can't read or tell the truth because they are too consumed with self promotion.

They know who they are.

Thank you,
Bill Feil