Noir album recommendations

New member, looking for recommendations for great Noir/Jazz/Film Noir albums, Vinyl or CD. I really enjoy Miles Davis' Ascenseur pour l'échafaud , Chinatown''s soundtrack and more recent artists like Paul Pritchard(Gumshoe Blues, Stool Pigeon) but I'm having a difficult time finding anything that isn't just general Jazz. Really interested in music that evokes that down on his luck Private Investigator in a corrupt city where its always raining and you just cant trust anyone, including the dame that just walked in with a "simple" job.

windywoodworker

@stuartk +1 Terence Blanchard followed Wynton Marsalis both New Orleans born but Wynton is an impossible act to follow. "Jazz In Film" is one of the great overlooked Audiophile/highest level content recordings. Glad you enjoyed it.

@dayglow

Terence Blanchard followed Wynton Marsalis both New Orleans born but Wynton is an impossible act to follow.

I prefer Woody Shaw but can't think of any of his recordings that might satisfy the OP's specific parameters. 

It's not jazz but the soundtrack of Wim Wenders film Paris, Texas by Ry Cooder regularly evokes a noir feel, to me. It mostly uses slide guitar to get that dark, lonely and often foreboding sound. 

As @windywoodworker mentioned, there is an entire subgenre called 'noir jazz", or sometimes "dark jazz".

Some names to check out:

Trigg and Gusset

Alex North & His Orchestra

Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble

ØṔЁŦ

Dale Cooper Quartet and the Dictaphones

Heroin and your Veins

But there are plenty more to explore.