No Insurance with FEDEX as of 11/01

Just a heads up if it’s not known already, as of November 1st 2021 FedEx does not offer insurance on shipments. I was sending out a piece of gear today and was told that I would have to obtain 3rd party insurance if I wanted my shipment covered for lost/damage. 
Does anyone have recommendations on who to insure gear with?? 
128x128jl1ny

Showing 1 response by rdk777

Sounds like we're not sure if anything changed at FedEx in regards to insurance.  However, things don't look good for FedEx. Excerpt from Bloomberg last week -

The job crunch has managed to reveal some interesting things about how companies in America work—or don’t. Take Dave Helminski, a driver for United Parcel Service. Next year, he’ll retire after a four decade-career at the company with pension income equal to the $100,000 he makes right now. His employer has been flush of late, with more money tumbling in despite pandemic disruptions. But over at FedEx, the story is less cheery. The shipper has racked up $450 million in extra costs thanks to labor shortages. And while UPS easily beat earnings expectations and predicts even bigger margins, FedEx has signaled that its profits will keep falling. So what’s behind the divergent fortunes of these two U.S. delivery rivals?