Next step: preamp or phono preamp

After 14 weeks my power amplifier arrived. For the last few weeks it’s been burning in beautifully.

Since vinyl is my primary listening I want to ask what my next step should be. My plan had been a tube preamp next as I’m currently using a Schiit SYS as a stop gap. But maybe the phono would be a better starting spot? My TT will be replaced and isn’t anything to write about (Project DC with 2M Blue) at some point as well.

I know where I will end up but am looking for guidance on the order of steps to get there as everything will need to be done piece by piece.

Current phonostage is a Lounge LCR MKIII
gochurchgo

Showing 1 response by dishman442

Great thread, I’ve enjoyed reading it.

FYI, getting your Khartago fully upgraded will be well worth it, but Klaus is so backlogged he recently told me to keep my Khartago monos as “they would just sit on a shelf” if I sent them in. 

Following your reasoning, I bought the Candela and Suspiro. (without external power supply) it’s been a couple weeks, my money is on it taking 6 to 8 weeks to receive them. 

I dont want to hijack your thread - if you are interested in my experiences and results with this purchase let me know. 

Your TT discussion is very interesting as we appear to have about the same price range for our quest. Has anyone looked at the Pro-ject 9.2 ?  It can be found at times for under $2K.