Newbie needs help building a tube system for $6-8K

I'm looking to assemble a warm (yet rocking) musical system for a 10' X 11' room with a budget of about $6-8K. I know this isn't much for a truly killer analog setup, but I love the rich and cozy sound of tubes and vinyl so I'm trying to make it happen! I listen to mostly classic rock, funk, and some jazz. The majority of my music is on vinyl. I also have a ton of FLAC's on my Macbook pro and assorted hardrives - do I need a separate DAC and/or dedicated music server? I know don't need a CD player, or a tuner.

I inherited some gear from my father and was wondering if I should keep it, integrate pieces of it, or sell it all and start over? This is what he left me:

Adcom ACE-515 AC Enhancer
Adcom GFP-555 Preamp
Adcom GFA-555 Power amp (needs repair - has one blown channel)
Technics 1200MK2 (with no cartridge)
Creek OBH-8 MM Phono preamp

He had this hooked up to Infinity Kappa 7's (which I didn't inherit) and I remember it being face-meltingly LOUD and fun, but not very sweet, detailed or "holographic". I am not looking for skull crushing volume, I am looking for a transcendent and dimensional listening experience where you can hear what kind of wood Frank Zappa's guitar is made of!

I'm totally open to buying used (even vintage/classic) equipment here on Audiogon, there seems to be tons of great gear/deals, but the selection is overwhelming and I don't know where to start! Any advice would be great!
rhythmnsound