New Visitor Confused Over Upgrade

I found this website hoping to compare technical specifications between my Carver receiver and a newer model by Bang & Olufson. As the quoted total harmonic distortion and signal to noise ratio of the Carver is very low, I didn't think that new equipment would add any discernible benefit, at least not enough to justify the considerable difference in price. I am finding a lot of your posts more confusing than informative. As a professional person (not to brag but I make six figures) who has completed post graduate level correspondance courses in EE and knows how to solder, a lot of your posts about tube amps (obselete!) and wires (commodity?) etc. just don't really make sense. In addition to the Carver, I am using a Sony Disc Jockey and I have JBl speakers which are very accurate (used as monitors in many recording studios) and very revealing about associated components. You guys should really learn a little more about how electronics really work before posting such definitive opinions which could mislead new people looking for guidance.
peter_everington9f8b
You can have your ears irrigated by any competent physician. As for knowing how electronics "work", I or for that matter, just about anyone associated with this board could probably tell you that one's relative of engineering knowledge or any associated degrees does absolutely nothing to help discern how something "sounds". BTW, I am a "professional" and make "six figures", as do alot of people here. Who cares? Just what does this have to do with anything? You obviously feel you are already quite enlightened so it would appear that any questions you pose here would seem to be rhetorical in nature thus allowing you the opportunity to talk about yourself. Find another forum if this is your motive.
P.S. As far as completing post graduate (by correspondence no less)work in EE and knowing how to solder, I can paint with my toes and burp the Star Spangled Banner. So there!!!
Hey i am just a poor man. Just trying to get the best for my money. But i got to say "WAY TO GO NAIMBOY" !!!!!!!!!!
I find you confusing. EE does not equal hifi (especially in your case). JBLs sonsumer line is far from accurate. If you have the thier professional monitors, then you'll be pleased to know that they don't have a soundstage. You are proof that one can know a lot about EE, and nothing about hifi. And what does being a professional person have to do with anything? Forrest Gump made more than six figures.