New upper trim level Corvette or seven year old used amps?

Recently I have experienced quite a few people I know either passing on or being diagnosed with some type of cancer. And as I have never strived to be the richest guy in the graveyard, I was thinking of buying one of the new Corvettes. I also started to look at my older tube amps, good, but I had had them for about nine years, and the whole tube thing....then I started to think about some SS amps( I know, I’m going to hell). TAD M600, Dagostino M400, and then ventured into Dartzeel territory. Long story shorter: I came upon a pair of used Dartzeel 458’s, totally crazy price, totally crazy good. I have had them about a month and have enjoyed over 100 hours of listening nirvana. Had I bought the vette and drove it 100 hours, I’d have lost my drivers license, and spent thousands on tires, fuel, fines, etc.  
myth buster: it’s all worth it! Expensive power and speaker cables, interconnects, speakers, and Dartzeel 458’s.
Anyone that tells you otherwise is using cost not quality as a determining factor.
Enjoy the music and Life

Matt

mrmatt

Showing 5 responses by tomic601

adventure fishing !!!!! now that is a wallet draining adventure....
anything in the Blue and White Volvo Penta box makes almost any sports car look affordable.....

Yes, enjoy LIFE...ya dont see any U hauls or swiss bank accounts making the transit to heaven
 @saeyedoc  she does have a mean streak, her comment about our Zanzibar Red Boxster S was that it “ didn't match her skin tone “...I can assure you in the tight narrow roads of the Missouri bottoms it eats Vettes for lunch.

yes of course CPO...2006 996 Turbo w X-50 powerkit, $160 sticker for $72 in 2009... crazy depreciation...

still, missing my 993
Nobody gets out alive, I like the perspective of many hobbies and interests

sorry if I denigrated the Vette, indeed they offer world class performance at affordable prices

how will we spend our day today? A fine question....

father in law 6 years into stage 4

so far immunotherapy ( experimental) has done the best, all the approved stuff and some liquid cbd

like Warren Zevon said “ enjoy every sandwich “....
I asked my spoiled spouse and she said “ Vette is a girls car “.... she does have a mean streak
Not that property taxes should be a pissing match but our twenty year bill at today’s rate will be $400 k, a winter place will do that to you I guess, but might as well enjoy while I don’t have dementia ( an opinion only I hold! )
as for the Vette, ya don’t see any uhauls going to heaven, so enjoy life a little down here...  I think the new mid engine Vette will be formidable, betting it will best @millercarbons P car lap time with an average driver like me, but I enjoy the AWD all weather attack jet with the X-50 package running 1.4 bar.....
crap, financial planner is calling... something about a check bouncing....