New to streaming question

Hi - I'm an analog front end guy but recently decided to start streaming in our family room.  I have a Naim Uniti Atom HE and have been using Quboz to stream but have a simple question.  The Hi-Res files on Quboz albums are available in 24bit-192 however the maximum I can play is at 24bit-92.  I have a CAT8 wired from my router directly to the Naim and am using my phone with Quboz to stream to the Naim via Chromecast.  What do I need to do connection-wise to listen to the files in 192?  Apologies for the basic question, I'm new to the streaming world.  Thanks very much 

mikecorwin

Hi Mike,

I don't think you need Chromecast in the chain. Your Naim Uniti Atom should stream directly from your ethernet connection, not through Chromecast. Here's what it says on the Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition page from Naim's website:

Easy App control – in one room or many
The Naim App – available for Apple and Android devices – makes it simple to control your Uniti Atom Headphone Edition, and even link up other music systems around your home into a stunning multi-room set-up.

Use the App to access all your music, including your favorite radio stations, streaming services and playlists, and explore artist discographies and biographies.

Uniti Atom Headphone Edition works seamlessly with other Naim streaming products, including Mu-so systems. Choose the same song in beat-perfect sync or play different music in different rooms. You can also pair Uniti Atom Headphone Edition with other AirPlay 2-compatible wireless speakers via the Apple Home app, or with other Chromecast built-in devices via the Google Home app.

I was thinking it was Chromecast.  I've been using the Quboz app on my phone and streaming via Chromecast because Quboz native through the Naim app won't let you search any artists, it only lets you search through your favorites which is really clunky.  

Disregard, there is a search function almost hidden away in the Naim app where you can search artists through Quboz or Tidal.  I'm an idiot.  Thanks everyone for the help!

Disregard, there is a search function almost hidden away in the Naim app where you can search artists through Quboz or Tidal.  I'm an idiot.

No, you’re not at all. I think there are a lot of idiot app developers who for some unknown reason hide frequently-used functions in absurd and unintuitive places making them hard to find. Revenge of the nerds!!!

streaming definitely has a learning curve, hardware and software sides both... but it is worth the payoff... lovely sound, super enjoyable... each sitting can be comfort food or a vast journey of discovery...

welcome