New Technics SU-G700 Mk II on the horizon

Just an FYI: Perusing Dailyaudiophile.com I came across this from Twittering Machines;
https://twitteringmachines.com/technics-announces-the-su-g700m2-integrated-amplifier/

The MkII version will use the GaN output devices and other improvements derived from the Reference SU-R1000 integrated. The price only goes up about $100 compared to the now, discontinued version. 

I'm glad I came across this on my daily dive into dailyaudiophile.com (which everyone should do) so I cancelled my order and had it apply to the MkII when it comes out in October. 

It may not sound like much to the casual observer but to get that level of improvement and stay in the Technics lineup says a lot since the SU-R1000 is a ten grand hit to the wallet and if you have efficient speakers, 70 watts is plenty.

All the best,
Nonoise
128x128nonoise

Showing 3 responses by f1fletch

I too ordered a SU-G700 and it was scheduled to be here tomorrow. I already  arranged to send it back and wait it out for the M2. I am super curious to know how it sounds. Will the M2 be available in February as Technics has told me….will these be in very short supply as has been implied? Will the M2 give noticeable improvements in sound or are we talking 2%. It seems many small details have been addressed. I wish we had some reviews of the M2 to compare.

Well it’s certainly something to look forward to either way. Technics doesn’t seem to do things halfway. I am quite excited ;)

thanks for the reply;)

No, I sent back the MK1 and then m waiting for the whole credit to go through. They didn’t have it in their system yet but I made it clear I wanted a MK2. Technics told me February ish ship dates for US customers. Hopefully that stands.

Once I read the details, I really felt it would be worth the wait. It’s a lot of tweaks to what is reported to be a great platform and I am sure we will start to see reviews soon. Waiting with my homeees…😎