New or used amp?

I am thinking of buying a power amp soon. Trying to make up my mind about what to buy. I listen to a wide range of music jazz,classical,rock,newage,etc. Looking at tubes and SS. anything around 2K. I have seen some levinson & Krell used should I consider these or go new, Thanks
bro57
I would go used, personally. You get a much better amp at a significantly lower price. In the $2K price range, I don't know how much power you need, but I'd recommend the Threshold T400 for 150 wpc of pure Class A power. If you need more than this, I'd recommend a Classe CA-300, which is 300 wpc (not Class A).
If you get lucky you may see an Audio Research D400MKIII or a Plinius SA100MKIII for sale on audiogon for under $2K. I haven't heard all the other amps memtioned above but I now for a fact those 2 will beat a Bryston hands down and better any Krell for under $8K. Levinson starts to get really good amps about $3K used. For my money it would be the ARC though.
Hey Thought I Would let everyone know I have a VTL 2 Preamp,
Epos ES-11's, VPI HW19 Jr.& McCormack Phono Drive. I'm changing
speakers later this year.
Risking some negative comments, give a listen to the Creek 5350SE integrated, 85wpc, available from time to time at about $1150 used. If you like it, you can sell the preamp and buy more vinyl! See the Stereophile review, but I'll tell you my Creek/Alon Petite bedroom system sounds darn near as good as my $20k retail living room system.
The best you can get (in my opinion) for that price range if you are considering tubes is the VTL ST-85. You can get a used one for about $900. This Amp is excellent in every way. Great bass, highs and superb vocals and very liquid. I have this matched with Muse Model 2 DAC ( about $450 used with Bessell filter), Theta Data Basic ll ( about $500 used),Plinius 12 pre-amp, Reference 3A La Suprema speakers and Siltech cables. The combination is just amazing. Another one I'm considering is the Manley 50W Monoblocks. Good luck on your search.