New In 2022

Happy New Year!

Feel free to cite New or Re-Issue(s) CD, Download, EP, LP, SACD, Single, Stream or Vinyl.

Happy Listening!

jafant

pesky_wabbit

A career retrospective is advertised. I believe that there is a separate Box Set of Bill's studio solo releases.

Happy Listening!

scorpions

tygers of pan tang ep

napalm death ep

destruction

unleashed

kreator tba 

vio-lence ep

tokyo blade

lots more

Jackpot Records is reissuing the 1976 Power Pop classic Shake Some Action by The Flamin' Groovies in May. Produced at Rockfield Studios by my favorite of the 70’s and early-80’s, Dave Edmunds (Fab T-Birds, The Everly Brothers, Carl Perkins, Rockpile, The Stray Cats), and "executive" produced by Greg Shaw, well-respected R & R historian, publisher (the great Bomp! Magazine), and record company owner (Bomp!).

This album blends all The Groovies influences: 1950’s Rock ’n’ Roll, 60’s British Invasion (The Beatles and Stones primarily), 60’s Garage Band (they remain one to this day), and Spector Girl Groups. Edmunds created a very retro-sounding record for this album, not in the least bit hi-fi. But very cool! One of my fave Rock ’n’ Roll albums

Jackpot hired Kevin Gray (Analogue Productions) to master for the release, and pressed the discs at RTI (MoFi) on "Shamrock Green" PVC. I already have original UK and US copies, but am getting this new one too too. Jackpot is local to me in Portland, so no shipping.

J.A.; are the Dead re-releasing all of the shows from the '72 Europe tour?

It sounds like, from what Dave L. says in his introductory video, that they plan to re-release only five shows on CD, including 5/26 Lyceum. Vinyl fans, it seems, will be more generously catered to, in this regard. Drat! 

Post removed 

stuartk

The Grateful Dead Lyceum set is very impressive for Vinyl lovers. 
yes, I ordered the CD 💿 set.