New in 2019

Happy New Year!Feel free to post this year's new releases and re-issues from any genre. Neil Young promises a 2-disc set from "Ragged Glory" sessions. Will we see a Tool album? I sure hope so.
jafant

Showing 15 responses by maxnewid

3 x 4 - a compilation album where the Bangles, Rain Parade, Dream Syndicate, and the Three O'clock each play 3 of the other band's songs. Should be a paisley underground treat.

Death Cab For Cutie

Steve Gunn
Todd Rundgren’s Utopia- Live at the Chicago Theater- from a reunion tour last year.
2 cd/1 dvd set
also available on vinyl
drops April 5th.
Yet another Neil Young post: from the Relix website, Neil and Crazy Horse are going into the studio this week to record 11 new songs. They have been doing a lot of Elvis Costello covers on their current tour in Canada. Should be a late Summer/Fall release.
Nils Lofgren- Blue With Lou.
6 of the 12 songs on this album were co-written with Lou Reed. Nils is currently recording with Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Haven't heard Blue With Lou, but it sounds interesting.
O.k. , here we go. Neil Young and the Stray Gators- Tuscaloosa
archival release of a show at the Univ. of Al. in 1973. The Stray Gators are the back up band Neil used to record Harvest. Coming atcha' on June 7th.
If you like "jump" blues, the new Cash Box Kings " Hail to the Kings" is worth checking out. GREAT party music. 
Here is a ridiculous one- Pink Floyd- The Later Years
16 disc set of Pink Floyd material from 1987 on including 13 hours of unreleased material. 5 cd's, 6 Blu-ray, and 5 DVD's. 60 page book. All this for $450. It looks like the Blu-ray and DVD discs are the same - just different formats. Even though I would like to hear the unreleased stuff, $450 is too high and why would you want the same videos in 2 different formats? Looks like Gilmour and co. are getting greedy in their old age. Release date is Nov. 29.
Six LP "Crossroads Revisited" set to be released Dec. 6th. This is a collection from Eric Clapton's Crossroads festival going back to 2004. It features Clapton, Steve Winwood, Joe Walsh, John Mayer, Santana, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, and many other guitar wizards. 
So, one of the best aspects of the 'Gon is getting turned onto new music. Whether it be old classics you weren't aware of, new genres, or underexposed indie bands, the goal is to expand your knowledge and enjoy the sonic pleasures of listening to music. That being said, I have preached the virtues of Atlanta's Black Swan Lane for many years now. Their new album "Vita Eterna" was released today. This group moved to Atlanta from Manchester and brought the 80's Manchester sound (Smiths, New Order, Chameleons, etc) with them. I think that their Southern exposure has expanded their modus operandi. The new album features Dave Fielding from the Chameleons on guitar. They have 8 albums out and I can't emphasize the quality of their recordings enough. It's almost like Steely Dan where BSL is going to release an album perfected in their own studio every two years and never tour- because it's too much trouble. You can order their work at www.blackswanlane.com.