New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927

Those 10$ words sucked you in huh?

dedicated wire to wall from fuse box?

fusebox, 30ga thin wiring through house to outlet, and a 4gs cord will change water to wine? Nope. 

even 10-12- self wired to stereo wall won’t do much. 
I’ve tried, listened, seriously listened,  retturn it, ether RCA connects, if not, return, buy ore music.  Or demo new speakers?

are you lacking a specific tone, or, bass, or just experimenting with tweaks?

power cords will drive u nuts,  rca’s inferential coppers, and silver will give you some higher cymbals rashes, a bit more hang time.  

save your hairline, and pocket,    Tweak rcas, or new cart, or CD player. 

arcticdeth

- your comments seem to focus on money and sarcasm, remember this is an audio site. Just because you don’t or won’t hear differences only speaks for you and depletes the value of your contribution.

fusebox, 30ga thin wiring through house to outlet, and a 4gs cord will change water to wine? Nope. 

Who uses that?

I made another 5 PCs listening video since my system sounds closer to the original music with more sound improvement and my ears noticeably changed to stronger (less sensitive, less ear ringing, etc.) and relaxed (less watery eyes, less brightness = less dilated pupils, etc).

The transition to natural sound ears/brain took 3~4 days with a minor headache and my ears felt like a cotton ball clogged my ear canals. So, I know many of you won't hear the sound difference between PCs' sounds. But for some serous listeners, check below comparison.

5 PC sounds video.

1) click 17:39 .  This opens Youtube window.

2) Make a small YT window (narrow & tall = right half screen) to see the video screen and  time stamps in description).

3) Listen at least 1 minute each and repeat
 To hear better, listen to the original music (link in description). Just relax and feel what comes to your ears when you click.  Alex/WTA