New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927
Post removed 

@rodman99999

....or the hyperbolic pontificators? :)

Full disclosure, I make my own power cords using Supra wire and their connectors.  These are relatively inexpensive and they certainly do a fine job whether the component is tube or solid-state. And while I've experienced merelt changes or an occasional "improvement" in SQ from wire to wire, cables that, from my perspective, are priced absurdly high, make no sense.

The purveyors of those high-priced wires will, of course, disagree.

@ps-

KUDOS, for experimenting with your system's sound/trusting your ears & senses.

Supra follows some of the same basic science/construction as I've mentioned, if you've read their explanation, as to why their PCs sound better* than stock/common wire.

cables that, from my perspective, are priced absurdly high, make no sense.

I agree.  

However: those more comfortably situated than I, with much higher end systems and larger/better listening environs, can afford and demand the very best the likes of Kimber, Analysis Plus and Synergistic have to offer.

I would.

*https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/wire/cble/supra-lo-rad-power-cable-cs-us/

I've read this thread and each poster has his/her reasons for buying in or not on the power cables. JMO but had an experience that confirmed for me, in my system, that they do matter. 

Purchased some speakers, Evolution MM3s. Decided to get the Evolution power cords for the powered woofers. You know, recommended kit yada, yada. Had some Fusion Enchanters for my Monoblocks, ribbons. Well the Evolutions were 6' and the Fusions 5'. Basically had to switch as the run to the speakers was easily reached with the Fusions cords and needed the longer cables to reach the amps. So I flipped them. Significant difference. Didn't expect it, didn't want it to be so. Therefore no expectation bias. The difference was as plain as day.