New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927

All this demonstrates is that you are a sensible person who doesn’t automatically assume that because he paid $500 for a power cord it sounds better. Congratulations on having such good sense. The power cord mania is pure nonsense. I bought fancy power cords for all my components a few years ago and ended up selling them all because they made no difference in sound. They looked great, but I wasn’t about to turn my units backwards so I could admire them.

Are you guys even paying attention??!

He bought a several thousand dollar power cord to replace a $500 dollar one and heard no difference between the two. That is the premise of the thread, NOT he bought a $500 power cord and heard no difference between that and a stock one.

@roxy1927

I have several Shunyata products in my system and every one of them works as claimed by the manufacturer at every price level. You would do well staying with Shunyata. The difference in SQ will be appreciated more and more as the power cord breaks in. May be subtle at first but after 400 hours, switch out the new for the old and you will be very pleasantly surprised. Enjoy!

@audphile1 I had a Pass XP-12 preamp and now running XP-22. Power cords make a difference on these preamps as well. 

I am about to start breaking in a new XP-12 and I will start with the stock cord, can you recommend some cords I should consider if I choose to upgrade?