New expensive power cord for amp and no change in sound?

I bought new an expensive(for me) well known and reviewed power cord for my very good amp and plugged it directly onto the wall socket. After a couple of weeks of daily use I hear no change in the sound quality from a $500 cord. I don’t want to name it for fear of getting my thread deleted. You would know it or at least be aware of the company. Did I throw away several thousand dollars? Before I get the snake oil answer I want to let you know that I bought an upgraded cord for my pre as suggested by the pre’s manufacturer and am pleased with the results.

I guess for full disclosure the amp’s manufacturer said don’t bother. But I had had good luck with the pre so I thought it would be a good idea.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

roxy1927

you get your thread deleted for mentioning a manufacturer? thats outrageous. are we supposed to speak in hand signals or toe taps under the ground, anagrams???

I see a number of threads which are of a subject that I have a great interest in and when I click on it it has been deleted. I always wonder if a manufacturer has complained because their product came off badly. But then everybody's experience is different and some people might say hold on there I had a great experience with it.

Without being A/B demo'd the Cables in use with the Power Amp, it will be impossible to tell what has occurred through Cable Exchanges. 

A very good resolving system can when being subjected Cable Exchanges have very subtle changes discrrned between Cables in use. 

How the Subtle Change is assessed for an improved  or worse impact on the sound being produced is not always agreeable between those at  Demo'. 

I have heard Cables of all types as exchange cables, and know some are a good addition and some are not. 

When a group are assessing my down vote can easily be seen as another's up vote. 

Send it back and get a refund. Heck the most expensive power cord in my system was $500.00 new and boy you could tell the difference right away, was on a DAC. 

In my experience I have found that a good amplifier is least likely to benefit from a power cord upgrade assuming that one is using the correct gauge power cord to begin with.