New DACs High End Munich 2023

I am now searching for a new DAC to replace my Oppo UDP-205 and High End Munich 2023 was the event I was waiting for to hear about new announcements.

I know that Auralic and Total DAC have introduced new DACs and Primare has new modules. Anyone hear any other DACs being released in the next 2-3 months?

128x128milpai

Showing 3 responses by lalitk

@milpai

New or old tech, R2R or ∆Σ, the most important thing is, implementation. Since you already own a very nice tube preamp I would steer clear of tube DAC’s. Compile a list of DAC’s under your budget and see how many of those you can audition risk free in your home.

@milpai 

Not sure if anyone mentioned yet, look into Ever Solo Z8 DAC. It appears to be a solidly built and engineered. No direct experience with it but I am using currently using a DAC with Sabre Chip and absolutely love the sound. 

“They clearly out perform others on the market at 2-3 times the price.”

We have seen and read these outlandish claims before. There are no absolutes in audio, only opinions and biases based on our personal preferences. Having said that, Lampizator DAC’s can be very addictive in any well put together system. If I have the extra funds, I wouldn’t hesitate adding a 2nd DAC like GG2 (balanced) in my system for alternative flavor 😊