New D'Agostino Monoblocks...$250,000

The new D’Agostino Relentless monoblocks cost $250,000 per pair.
They weigh in at 485 pounds.
1500 wpc @ 8 ohms...   3000 wpc @ 4 ohms...   6000 wpc @ 2 ohms.
Gorgeous looking amps for sure and I’m sure they perform like crazy.

http://dandagostino.com/products/relentless-monoblock.php

Be sure to invite me over when you take delivery of your pair.
128x128mitch4t

Showing 5 responses by wolf_garcia

I don't understand why anybody would feel uber-expensive amps would have a negative impact on anything. Many astonishingly great sounding items exist for those unwilling or unable to spend kilo bucks on an amp, and the comparison to Ferraris or a Rolls doesn't fly in audio, as high end cars out perform lessor brands in obvious ways. My current rig is the best sounding I've owned in over 50 years of being a musician and at least aware of high quality audio (jumped from my early 70s KLH Model 20 to a Denon-Boston acoustics to an Acurus-Vandersteen many years ago and piles of things in between), and my Schiit Freya preamp (700 bucks), hand made Dennis Had "Firebottle" amp (1000 bucks slightly used…which is obvious because it has its birthday on the bottom panel), 2 REL subs (200 bucks each), nice solid core cables (cheap Morrows replacing AQs, and sounding perfectly unobtrusive)  were pretty seriously inexpensive items relative to much else out there that works well. I've bought and sold speakers and things I've replaced (often simply due to boredom) at enough of a profit to pay for new things (like my Klipsch Heresy III "Capital Edition" speakers at 1499 shipped). My reference for sound is mightily influenced by my experience in the "cat bird seat" at live shows I mix, and occasional visits to high end joints like Goodwin's to hear mega systems. The mega systems aren't in my well sorted gear pile home location so maybe that's a disadvantage, but although the Dags and Rockports and Boulders seem cool, my el-cheapo pile actually does sound better, in all ways.
I think audiophiles often simply want things that sound good to them, as really, there is no standard (what do these amps do in the quarter mile? 0 to 60?). I think D’Agostino’s "wrist watch meets steam punk" gear looks amazing, likely sounds fine, and like every other mega buck product is often met with a resounding "meh" when contemplated by the proletariat, who just might own a pile of some well sorted unpretentious music reproduction gear that puts coherent sound into the air to provide a treat for your earballs and addled brain.
People forget how calculated Dylan's early career path was, from his name change to his singing style to his Woody obsession...he had the chops, work ethic, and charisma to make it all work somehow and the timing was impeccable, clearly illustrated by all the non super famous people from the old folkie scene. 
I have a world class musician available 24/7 with various instruments ready to go at all times. It's me.
It's simply lifestyle marketing as people who actually want to spend the bucks will. Having at least a rudimentary understanding of how amps work, and not taking in to account whatever the research budget might be, there is absolutely no way Uncle Dan has as much money in these amps as a McLaren or Porsche GT...so it simply must be priced as a useful artwork, and that's OK...I like art.