New Cartridge advice

I am looking for a new cartridge. I recently obtained a mint Denon DL-62 TT with 2 tonearms. I had the turntable cleaned and tuned by my local shop. Sounds great with my Stanton 681-EEE with the aftermarket Vivid line stylus. I also use a Nagaoka MP-200 with very good results.

I recently had my Darlington Labs phono amp upgraded to the MP8B and it will now support MC Cartridges with adjustable loading.

I have been torn between the Denon 103 series or possibly the Hana SL as my first purchase. The Denon TT has adjustable VTA. My concern is how well the TT can match the performance of the cartridge

System consists of Eversolo DMP8, LSA Warp 1 Amp and Linn Nexus or Tekton Lore Be Speakers.

Thanks

128x1281happyman

You might think about compliance as well as “weight”. A lightweight cartridge can have low compliance and would work best with a high effective mass tonearm. Conversely a heavyweight cartridge can have high compliance, etc.

@porchlight1 I'm loving my Linn Nexus speakers. I originally bought them new in 89 for $1100 I think. They demoed with Linn cd player and turntable at the time. Had an A/B switch so you could compare. They played Sheffield Labs James Newton Howard and Friends on vinyl and I was sold. I recently bought some Tekton Lore Be's and gave my beloved Nexus speakers to my son. He called a few months ago saying he saw a pair of Linns for sale on local marketplace. The Linns were in fantastic condition and I purchased with a Denon Amp for $150. My son won't budge from my original set. Both sets have the KuStone Stands. I'm running a Hsu sub via high level connection from my amp. Sounds great.

They are amazing and definitely improve with each upgrade I've made.

I'm blessed to have 2 pairs:)

I ended up buying a Denon 301MKII with a Denon head shell. The combined weight of the head shell and cart is about 15-16 grams which falls into the sweet spot for the S arm, (11-20 grams including head shell. spacers, and screws.) I plan to set my phono amp to >330 and gain to 62db. Can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

Thanks to all for your knowledgeable advice.