New Bel Canto REF600M using NCORE

Wow!!..Looks like John hit another home run at Bel Canto with the just released REF 600M using NCORE amplifiers. 300 watts into 8ohms. $4500.00 a pair. The REF 1000M is out of production. I have a feeling this is Bel Canto's best amp ever below the Bel Canto Black. Look forward to Guido checking it out.
audiozen

Showing 5 responses by bill_k

One minor correction regarding the price, the new REF600M mono amps list for $2,495 each. They are currently shipping but I haven't had the opportunity to hear them yet.
Savjam - I would also be very interested to hear Goldprintaudio's more detailed comparisons. You should be aware that BC feels that the REF600Ms are a significant enough improvement over their previous top models to have replaced both the REF500M and REF1000M in their lineup.
Mark - Would you please share what speakers you're using and what other amps you've compared them to. TIA!
Mark - thanks very much for sharing your impressions! The Joseph Audio Pulsars are definitely outstanding speakers.
I haven't heard the REF600M myself, but all accounts I've read from those that have claim that they are a significant step forward from the previous BC models. The company felt so strongly about it to discontinue the more costly REF1000M since their newer REF600M outperformed it. That's quite a statement of belief in the newer product. Of course you'd be best off auditioning them in your system if possible, but it seems a pretty safe bet that if you liked their older series you should love the 600Ms.