New Audio Research Reference 150 SE

I just heard from my AR dealer that a new Reference 150 SE that uses KT150s will start shipping out in early March. Did I miss this on another forum or is this new news? This might explain why they have not endorsed using the KT 150s in the current Reference lineup.
128x128jonandfamily

Showing 6 responses by tsushima1

I believe that ARC also have plans to offer an upgrade service for current non SE Ref150 owners, via their dealer network, latest figure banded about = $3,000 including a set of ARC tested KT150's.
Well Well, I feel compelled to thrust an ice pick thought my left testicle just in case I am either dreaming or hallucinating.

An unequivocal responce from Obfuscation Central !!!!!

" I received the following from Kalvin at ARC

"Audio Research will announce new SE versions of the REF75, 150 and Ref 250 in March that will take advantage of the improved sound of the KT150.

Also, SE upgrades for existing REF 75, 150 and 250 amplifiers will also be announced. Factory upgrades will be made available as our supplies of the KT150 increase "
Bifwynne...

Pleased to hear that your decision to upgrade is delivering for you, were you advised as to the full parts list involved in the upgrade? and could you clarify please that Kal was referring to the main 2 Micro Farad/350V coupling caps? As folks should be made aware that an element of the SE upgrade kit may well replace their units Teflon CC's with the newer Gold PP film capacitor of Capacitor Gate fame.
Bifwynne...

Pleased to hear that your decision to upgrade is delivering for you, were you advised as to the full parts list involved in the upgrade? and could you clarify please that Kal was referring to the main 2 Micro Farad/350V coupling caps? As folks should be made aware that an element of the SE upgrade kit may well replace their units Teflon CC's with the newer Gold PP film capacitor of Capacitor Gate fame.
Well that's me entirely confused Bif!!!

As far as I was aware the GS150 sports the newer gold coloured non Teflon coupling capacitors as do/did late production Ref150's like my own.

Have ARC now flipped once again and returned to the White Teflon's for SE models ???

Can you recall the colour of coupling caps as sported by your own Ref150
Prior to the upgrade?