New Adcom GFA-555 se - Special Edition

Adcom is making a new version of the GFA-555 II, the GFA-555 se. This amplifier is essentially the GFA-555 II with slight improvements including balanced inputs larger capacitors resulting in a better soundstage and an even higher damping factor. Did you know that the GFA-555 is likely the best selling piece of hi-fi equipment ever made, with a build of over 100,000 units? The GFA-555se will be available sometime in November.
power_hungry
My various Chinese Adcom stuff always worked flawlessly and, especially for the money, sounded great. I still use a 5300 to drive some outdoor speakers and again, it's a great sounding, ballsy, very well designed high current amp. I think Jafant lives in a former universe where Chinese stuff was perhaps sub-par, but this attitude can’t be taken seriously anymore as any quality controlled Chinese made gear can be as world class as my iMac.
Jafant....... I had more failures from electronics made in UK or USA than the ones made in China

Nope, not made in China.  

I’ll resurrect this thread as after about 10 months I have to say I’m pretty impressed with the 555SE. It doesn’t get harsh or bright at higher volumes, images beautifully and just sounds effortless.

the only downside for me was no 12 volt trigger, so I bought the 12volt triggered power bar they sell, made by Niles.  

Other than that, no cons to speak of.   Piano and strings sound natural, depending on the speakers, of course.  For the money it’s a steal.  Adcom had it on sale during Christmas last year, we’ll see if it goes on sale again.

Heard thenadcom mnos lng rome ago w the klipsch corner horns.
never again, searing, brutal highs.

heard again w silver 7s'. Way b etter
heard the "new" adcom os 60% lower qality than the original owners. 
 Cust serve so-so
not vuilt as good

just what ive heard from reading n word of mouth. 
I gotta call bs on this whole post, it’s so non-specific. The only thing we can surmise from the above is that he hates Adcom and he can not type.

There is a reason that Adcom sold 100,000 units of their 555 amp, which is the record, apparently.  There is no way they were so big and did so well if their amps sucked as described.  

Which is why they went back to that 555 model for current production.  
What, "record"? For Adcom amps, maybe? As I posted, back in 2008: "100,000 units/likely the best selling......? A testament to how deaf many people are. The Dynaco ST-70 sold over 300,000 units, because it sounded/sounds much more like music(even given it’s obvious limitations). Now they sell used, for three times the original price(unaltered). Do the math with regards to which would, "likely be the best selling piece of hi-fi equipment ever made." Sounds as though Adcom was trying to resurrect the Titanic, hopefully with a smaller hole this time. But- that’s just my opinion, and if you like the amp; you can have my share too." UPDATE: The Stereo 70 has a 3rd iteration, NOW(2018). Apply your logic, accordingly. http://www.dynaco.com/st70
I dunno, maybe the 555 was the biggest selling solid state amplifier?  100,000 units is surely some kind of an achievement, don’t you think?  

And I repeat that there is no way it would have sold like that for a decade or more if it had mediocre SQ.  Nelson Pass himself designed the original circuits and later said he didn’t charge enough for what he gave Adcom.

not sure why this gets some people upset.  It’s just an amplifier.  It’s not like Adcom is at the Mexican border tear gassing the caravan for goodness sake!