Need tube help!

Greetings fellow Audiogoners!

I just purchased a PrimaLuna ProLogue 2 integrated amp from a fellow Audiogon member.  I want to start fresh with a new array of tubes.

The amp hosts four KT88'S, two 12AU7's, and two 12AX7's.

Open to all price ranges.  

Any help/suggestions/recommendations would be most appreciated.

Thank you all very much, and happy listening!

judsauce

Maybe three months ago, I phoned Upscale Audio and asked for some fresh power tubes for my several year old Primaluna Prologue Integrated. The guy at the other end of the phone grunted and asked me what kind of music I like. I said classical and he recommended 6550's. I've probably had my Prologue for better than half a decade. I like the guys at Upscale and just said yes. The 6550's showed up surprisingly quickly. I plugged them in. After a couple days or so of break-in, they're now making me very happy, indeed.

For your 12au7's, Amperex 7316 pq's are the benchmark, the gold standard, the apex, the one to rule them all!

They sound really good too...

I have just replaced the tubes in my amp (2 weeks ago, cost $2100) I used the same tubes as the  amplifier builder used. I reckon he made the amp and new what was best. I would recommend to stick with the originals.

Thank you all so much for your replies. I made notes from every single entry.

Have a great day and enjoy your music!!!

Judsauce listen to what is in the unit? Familiarize the sound, Once you familiarize the unit, call upscale audio, they are very familiar on primaluna products.