Need Tonearm help for a Thorens TD124 Mark II

I've had a NOS Thorens TD124 Mark II for awhile now and it's still in the box but lately have considered taking it out and putting it into service. I have a couple of other turntables so is it even worth putting into service. If I do, I need some help in choosing a tonearm. I do have a NOS SME 2009 Series II Improved tonearm that has never been mounted. Should I go with something like that or a modern tonearm. I don't have a cartridge picked out yet but I do have a sealed Denon 103D and a NOS Shure V15 Type VxMR. I am inexperienced in setting this up but want some advice as to what other owners or people who heard a TD124 think, or what direction they would go in with what I'm working with. Thanks all for Your help!!!
michaela

Showing 1 response by bdp24

The Zeta is imo a good recommendation. If anyone finds one that could use some TLC, Johnnie at Audio Origami is very familiar with the arm, and himself holds it in high regard. He will take yours apart, clean, repack, and adjust the bearings, and if you wish rewire the arm with your choice of Cardas copper or two different silvers.

The Zeta is a true medium-mass arm, around 16g depending on how many of the metal "discs" are installed in the adjustable-mass counterweight. Occasionally available in good condition for just under $1000.