NEED TO REPLACE OLD FAITHFUL- WHICH AMP. SHOUD I CHOOSE

27 Years ago I purchased a brand new Audio Research D400 Mk.2 Amplifier. 200 Watts per channel solid state. Last weekend the capacitors blew out. I talked to Greg at Audio Research and he told me they do not work on this model because of it's age and that parts are no longer available. I need to buy a new amp. I have an Audio Research Ref. 5 SE pre amp and use Dali Helicon 800 mk. 2 speakers that are 89.5 efficiency.

The list of amplifiers that I am considering are as follows.

Coda 16, McIntosh MC462, Aesthetix Atlas Stereo, 

On the tube side I am considering,

Zesto Audio Bia120,  VTL S120, Ayon Triton Evo Mono's and maybe Audio Research Reference 160S but that really stretches the budget.

Does anyone have any of these amps?  I would really appreciate your suggestions.  So far I kind of like the Coda 16

motorheadflash

Thanks guys, I have taken the D400 to a very reputable repair shop,and they are trying to find some caps to do the repair. I would like to get it fixed so I can sell it and purchase a new amp or use it as a trade in. Jason, you are right. Looks like the repair has been ball parked at $1000.00 to $1200.00 dollars. It is still 27 years old and I think I would like to upgrade. Juan, we have an Atma-Sphere dealer near me. I like the hand wiring and quality they offer. Will plan on being there later this week

Honestly… a newer Audio Research amp. I added one piece of ARC equipment after another over the last twenty years and each addition added another level of magic. Their tube amps are simply stunning. If I were you I would look for a ReF 75 or Ref 75se… these are amazing… I now have REF 160s And have a pair or REF160m monoblocks on long term loan. These things are simply stunning.

Yes power recab or a totally recab i do it 6 months ago with mine musical fidelity a5. And they put in a higher value i thought from 8000 to 12000 i dont regonize mine amp anymore what a differents. It cost me totally 550 euro the whole amp.