Need recomendation for an IC to fill out and enrich the sound between amp and pre-amp.

Don't what level  to start looking for a quality IC compatible IC with a Conrad Johnson PV-14L pre-amp and a BAT amp to fill out the sound.  I opted for an all RCA pre-amp because I got a good deal on the CJ, and did not want to wait for a mixed BAT XLR and RCA pre-amp, or that of another brand.  I did a lot of looking over 4 months

So the advantage of lower noise using the XLR to XLR interconnect is no longer in play, and I am still using a Signal Audio Cable XLR to RCA to connect the amp to the pre-amp.  It cost about $59, not that price matters. It sounds good with the components, BUT, I think I can buy a much better  RCA to RCA  IC that will deliver a much fuller and richer sound.   As good as Signal Cable IC is, it seems to lack a fullness in the lower to middle midrange, and also the soundstage could be wider and deeper. 

I realize it could be the CJ pre-amp or the mix of CJ  which is 10 years old but was upgraded to the SE version Despite what I said, it sounds very good. 

Therefore, I would like recommendations for an interconnect that may accomplish what I described above before getting on "The Cable Company loaner library IC merry go round.  A  $200-$300 "USED" price range is my budget.   Thank you, SJ     

sunnyjim
Wires do not enrich sound, but external processors such as compressors, limiters, reverbs do.
If wires enrich or change sound, than definitely something's wrong with wires.
+1 for the Belden 8402 and 8412 IC's...made them myself and can't believe the improvement in sound quality.

http://jeffsplace.me/wordpress/?p=7325
Take a look at the Transparent Cable music link and the plus IC. They will not manipulate the sound in your system but improve imaging,sound stage and will reveal micro details in the music you are listening to. They also have a trade in program if you ever want to upgrade things down the road. The cables are all made by hand and quality is top notch.

Thanks to all who have responded so far. I may have ask this same question a few months ago

To Almarg, I think I need to put my glasses on, because as you noted before, the BAT VK-200 only has XLR inputs.  They DO have RCA outputs but that is not going to help my case.  

I did see in the AG "Cable Category" that JW Cables who uses a cryo-treatment on both his speaker wire and interconnects offers an XLR to RCA cable. along with standard RCA to RCA and XLR to XLR.  I am sure other brands that other members have recommended, like Wireworld or Transparent may offer similar mixed connector IC's

I know about the reverse polarity requirement of the CJ PL14L;  I owned a CJ PV-8 pre-amp back in 1988, and had to reverse the speaker leads. Therefore, the speakers are in correct phase. 

As far as rolling the tubes, the member who sold me the PV-14L SE  claimed that when he had the CJ do the "SE" upgrade, they retubed the unit with M8080 tubes.  . He claimed they have about 1000 hours on them, but were rated for 5000 to 10,000 hours.  I have to recheck with him about the tubes. 

Lastly, I need to look at your 2nd paragraph more closely about using the Jensen Transformer which I want to avoid, not because of the cost, but I don't want to add another freakin box to the system.  Also, I am not sure I completely understand the  RCA and XLR  IC arrangement you explained above.  Nevertheless, I will keep you and others posted..  

Happy Holidays to all......SJ 

Also, I am not sure I completely understand the RCA and XLR IC arrangement you explained above.
Hi Jim,

"Its" in that paragraph refers to the Jensen transformer.  Saying it a little differently, RCA cables from preamp to transformer, and short XLR cables from transformer to amp.

Model PI-2RX would be suitable.  You can find it here for $20 less than if you were to order it directly from Jensen.  Note that in the drop-down box near the bottom of the page the input connector choice should be changed from the default selection of XLR (which corresponds to model PI-2XX) to RCA (which corresponds to PI-2RX).

Regards,
-- Al