Hi , My system consist of the following 

Conrad Johnson PV11 Preamp
Conrad Johnson MF 250 amp 
Paradigm 75F speakers, ML sub 
Bluenote 2i streamer 
Meridian 200 CD player
Meridian 563 DA converter . 
All cables are Audioquest 

Mostly listen to Jazz , some rock and some classical . My CD unit is WAYYYY old and I was contemplating replacing it . 
I don't care to spend a fortune . I do like the Marantz CD6006 and its a good price . I had thought about just upgrading the DA converter BUT with the age of the player I'm afraid it will crash in the near future and I will need to spend more . 
I do like the OPPO but don't care to buy used since they are no longer made . I am OK with $1k a the upper limit of price . Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated !  

Thanks , Chris 
kiteflyer45
There is a CEC TL-5 transport on usaudiomart for $1,250 or best offer. I would highly recommend this belt drive transport. I owned one and then moved up to the TL-1. 
OP, I had a similar issue about 1.5 years ago. My trusty Pioneer PD 65 with level 3 Musical Concept mods died. I used it as a transport connected to my then Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5.

I also have an Oppo 105 that I use exclusively for SACD/DVD-As (it also has VVC) so I employed it while I went in search of. After many weeks I settled on a Marantz HD CD-1, which is built like a tank and quite handsome

While listening to it, I was scrolling Ebay and came across plug n play linear power modules ($200-$400). It is commonly known that the Oppo Achilles Heel is the power supply. The product page has a bunch of easy to follow photos. Im handy enough to make the swap at the same time I also upgraded the IEC wire loom that connects to the PS board and ground, also bypassing the variable voltage switch.

After having a good handle on the HD CD 1 as a transport, I listened through the Oppo using the VVC. Since hearing the upgraded 105, I don't use either my preamp or the HD CD 1

hth
Many thinks to all that gave me advice . I settled on the Cambridge 851c player and its AWESOME . I have only played it a few hours and can't wait to hear it once broken it . Thanks again fellow audiophiles !!!! 
Congrats. It is a great player and I can tell you it will improve with a proper power cord for digital components and I use at the time the latest Synergetic Black fuses which hard to believe, but they did bring the 851C to another level. The 851C has two fuses. I use Nordost Vishnu PC which are discontinued and can be had cheap if you hold out. Paid $100 for one and $150 for the other. Definitely do the PC first and don’t throw a big amp PC on it but something well shielded or very quiet. Before I used a Kimber PK 10 Gold PC which is a fine cord but it was too laid back and soft, which was holding the Cambridge back. The stock cord will definitely hold it back. Enjoy your 851C.
kiteflyer45

Keep us posted as you massage this spinner into your room/system.

Happy Listening!