Need help fixing a Linn Axis

Does anybody know of Linn Master Tech who can repair old Linn TTs? I'm the original owner of a stock Linn Axis table with Linn Basik LVX tonearm.
The problem is the belt and capstan are no longer aligned resulting in off-speed play and the belt coming off. I have taken it to my local HiFi shop and they have aligned it twice, but this problem is beyond their scope. I can see the capstan is not in proper position. I'd also like a complete inspection of the caps, motor, etc.
If there's an expert (who also has access to parts) I would greatly appreciate a referral. (US only).
128x128lowrider57

Showing 1 response by br3098

My opinion: sell your deck for parts and buy another unit as a replacement. You should be able to find a clean Axis without arm for $300-$350. If you figure shipping two ways, plus parts and labor, and (let's say) $100 for your old unit for parts it will probably be a wash or you might be ahead.

Better yet, sell the deck for parts ($100) and the arm seperately ($250) and use the cash to upgrade to an LP12 Valhalla w/ Ittok arm.