My thoughts on my First Watt J2 Amplifier

I just posted a new video sharing thoughts of the First watt J2. I hope you enjoy

aberyclark

First Watt is on my list of things to buy.  That said, I have a Nakamichi and a Threshold, both designed by Nelson Pass.  Both very uniquely wonderful in what they do.  Neither is best suited for my high efficiency speakers though.  I'm sure they'd sound great but not a "best" match.  As a lover of high efficiency in speakers, I took a different approach.  I paired my speakers with a Decware SE34I.5.  A massive 6 watts/channel that gets plenty loud but is wonderful at all listening levels.  I have not yet heard the First Watt J-2.  Wondering if you have had a chance to sample Decware and compare?  I like both engineers approach and the Decware t-shirt sums things up well, "If the first watt sucks, why continue?"

I have not sampled a decesre, although they have always been on my list. I’m just afraid If I go tubed power amp, I may lose that deep bottom end that I have enjoyed with SS. 

Thanks for posting your review. My Zu dirty weekends love tubes. I wouldn’t be afraid to try them with your Omen Def. When I switched from SS to tubes the low end improved so much I thought the subs were turned on when they were not.