My dilemma, some advice please.

In the mix of building up my new home theater. I want to use the new codecs from blu ray, of course.
What I am not sure about doing is this.
Buying a new receiver that will decode them for me, and get a denon 2500 (transport only) via hdmi.

Or buying a denon 3800 with analog out's and get a krell showcase 7.1 or HTS 7.1. Let the blu ray do the decoding. I know this will be killer for 2 channel also.

Thanks in advance.
him
i have a question and you might have answered it already and I may not have understood. heres what I have experienced. I had a B&K ref 30 preamp with older software and it seemed to have conflicts with all blu ray players when I went through the coax inputs. i bought a ref 50 that had newer software and it seems to work fine. I'm thinking of going to a Krell hts 7.1 as well and am wondering if it will work as well as the ref 50 for blu rays I use a coax from the BD player to the preamp. I know none of these have HDMI and dont care about that at this point. or shoudl I just stick with my ref 50 and be happy.

Chris357

Later, or more current, can mean better when it comes to digital playback.

The item as I see it here however isn't so much that, but more pointed towards the interface compatibility of two items.

The only thing you need to know here is IF the Krell can decode the high def audio signals input to it from a BR player... and if by coax.

Simple. Call Krell and ask them.

other wise, you would have to rely upon the processor in the player and connect via analog cables rather than digi ones.

My understanding of the newer BR codecs is that they are transmitted by 1.3A HDMI, or not at all... I could well be wrong about that however.

First things first... does the gizmo have the decoding abilities?What interface is required for transmission of the information into it's processor?

There after, considerations as to build, technology, power supplies, etc, will give you some better insights as to which way you would prefer to go in that respect.
thanks, called krell they said it would handle it. We will see after I buy one lol maybe i should hang on to my B&K.

just for an opinion, I do 2 ch audio and 5 ch HT is it the collective opinion that a pre amp can make that big a difference in audio ? I have BK amps at the moment considering going to krell amps as well?
Do confirm with Krell that their unit is HDMI 1.3 capable - anything else is already obsolete

This is the wrong place to ask if something makes a difference - there are people here who recommend misting a room for improved sound...

If you can afford to go all Krell you will be the envy of us all - but before you do maybe listen to the new pre with your B&Ks - lots of other things can also improve room sound including EQ and room treatment - or maybe a big honking sub LOL