Musical subwoofer under $2000

I’m looking for advice on what vendors to look at as l’d really like to add a subwoofer to my 2 channel setup. The room is c. 30x15 feet or 42 square meters with low ceiling of about 7.5 feet or 2.2 meters. Budget is c.$2,000 and my 2 channel speakers are Sonus Faber Sonetto VIII. My amp offers pre-out connection. I’d like REL but their S range is now too expensive, so something close in musicality would be great. 

sparksgja

+1 @yyzsantabarbara 

The KC62 was recommended to me for its speed or ability to keep up with my main speakers.  It’s the only sub I’ve tried, and I am very satisfied with it.

Subjectively, I like the KC 62’s size and industrial design.  And, while I couldn’t say so based on direct experience, others who have vast subwoofer experience and expertise have posted that small rooms do very well with small subs for 2C listening.  To be clear, I’m declaring my room small, not the OP’s.

Not sure if it’s been said, but SVS has a model that competes with the KC62 for less money.  John Darko compared them to each other on YT.  

Good luck

+1 for the Rythmik F12G.  That's what I paired my Magnepan MMGs with (very, very well I might add). 

I later added a small M&K K-10 in an opposing corner just for kicks to help fill out the room.

The Rythmik subs are highly adjustable, appear to be about as fast as any sub on the market and IMO offer all the slam anyone could need regardless of music.  I don't understand the comment on Rythmik subs not being good for rock slam.  They'll eat pipe organ lows for lunch and drink rock slam as an aperitif, near as I can tell. 

YMMV.

Post removed