Musical subwoofer under $2000

I’m looking for advice on what vendors to look at as l’d really like to add a subwoofer to my 2 channel setup. The room is c. 30x15 feet or 42 square meters with low ceiling of about 7.5 feet or 2.2 meters. Budget is c.$2,000 and my 2 channel speakers are Sonus Faber Sonetto VIII. My amp offers pre-out connection. I’d like REL but their S range is now too expensive, so something close in musicality would be great. 

sparksgja

Showing 2 responses by jastralfu

I just purchased a pair of REL T/5x subs, they are fantastic. I have a small listening space so the T7 or T9 would likely be a better match for you. The T7 is within your price range the T9 is about $1000 over (for a pair). The Neutrik Speakon connector makes it simple to connect and integrate. The integration is old school though as there is no app or DSP. I like the old school though and I found it easy enough to get them set up, a bit of tweak, take a seat and listen, get up and tweak and repeat. They are very musical subs, with a sealed enclosure so no boominess.

+1 @gkelly. Spending a little more to get what you want is usually a good thing. I will say though that having just bought two subs I would move down the chain and split the budget to get a pair, or buy the s510 and plan on budgeting for another to complete the pair. Two is better than one.