Music Match, WinAmp, Foobar200, Which softawre

For years Ive been using musicmatch to rip and play CDs. Recently bought a Cary 303/200 and am planning to use if for the D/A conv..
Recently downloaded EAC for ripping and winamp and foobar for playing. EAC has a great front end but I dont like foobars but suposed has best playback.
Anyone make some more suggestions to try out. Im looking ofr sound quailty and ease of use. I have approx 8,000 mp3s so i need one that can handle large libraries and sort them by artist(not directory).
bozzy

Showing 1 response by ultraviolet

Depends on how you encoded your mp3's. If they're 128-160kbps CBR, don't sweat the player, they'll all sound the same. If you used an alt-preset-something or other then you will be able to get your best sound out of foobar. I sometimes run foobar at 32 bit and 96khz which is something those other players can not do. It is not as user friendly because there are literally hundreds of options to tweak. If sound priority is really the most important to you, it's worth learning to use it. There are also a host of plugins out there to change the look and interface of it as well.