MQA is for chumps

128x128fuzztone
Clear thinker:  The “faults” have been addressed.  It’s got great sound and is somewhat ‘future proofed” with two MDC slots.  I’ll take this in both the convenience of easy integration and huge selection of artists via Qobuz, and SQ that’s better than vinyl.

https://nadelectronics.com/m33/

roadwhorerecords

Just attracting you to giving up some cash IS their business model. I am amazed that they sold any Japanese CD makers on it.
Submit them for testing before enriching probable fraudsters.

clearthinker. 

The most common problem with "digital’" is the AD conversion at the originating studio in the first place.
It is very difficult to make a purse out of a porcine ear.

@fuzztone 

Thank you for the very thorough investigation and your perseverance in doing this. For me any technology that cannot be explained in scientific terms ("folding" a digital file describes more something like magic rather than science) and does not allow independent reviewers to test it, smells like a scam to me.
Now I can see from your analysis the proof why MQA never sounded that good to me...
Fuzztone -- I don't feel any anger over the fact I forked over a few bucks for an MQA license fee. I took my chances.  I paid my money with open eyes. To me it's the equivalent of tube-rolling. It can take a good deal of time to find if you really do, say, prefer  EL-34s over 6550's.
Did not watch your video but as I read MQA is for providers not consumers. If true I give it a big FU!

More to discover