Moving to France

We are planning a move to France fairly soon. Does anyone know the best way to cleanly transform the 240v european voltage down to 117 without a bunch of hum?

areed622
The OP posts a question about voltage, and some with no answer to the question simply take it as an opportunity to denigrate the country or people.
They need to think hard about who they are and why they choose to act that way. They demean themselves.

And there are nice people in Paris, too, by the way. I've lived there. 
I think we’ve solved the electrical issues with the step down transformer and it occurs to me that the Oracle tt has a dc power supply so the 50hz supply is a nonissue unless my d-a converter uses 60hz to clock its circuitry. Btw premiere cru Bordeauxs can be bought in the local super marche for 13euros. 
Post removed 

hilde45
841 posts
The OP posts a question about voltage, and some with no answer to the question simply take it as an opportunity to denigrate the country or people.
They need to think hard about who they are and why they choose to act that way. They demean themselves.

The OP is going to possibly the world's densest concentration of human cultural achievement, and one person sees only foulness due to his personal lens. He's to be pitied. Imagine his life.