moving magnet or moving coil cartrige

Can anyone tell me if a grado gold is a mm ,mc,low output or high output mc.
jjet
I *LOVE* my B&O MMC1 and MMC2 cartridges - very smooth and clear-sounding, and the lowest effective tip mass in the world. B&O gets slammed by many audiophiles, but they did some things VERY well...

-RW-
Hey RW, Well, I agree with you, up to a point anyway.

I too used to have a B&O TT (A Beogram 3000, as I recall that was also a linear tracking TT, like yours), and I too used a MMC2 cartridge.

The cartridge's mass being so low was certainly a plus, because even though I consider it to be a mid-fi TT (albeit a top of the line mid-fi TT), it did absolutely no damage to my records, as all of my records from that 10 year era sound as good as new, and there is no wear to even my most heavily played albums. I always felt that the cartridge outclassed the TT, IMHO anyway.

However, I will point out that while it had good frequency extension, especially on the top end, I never felt that it soundstaged or imaged nearly as well as any of my more current tables and cartridges. (Of course maybe that is due to my current system being so much better than my old system. I suppose it is possible that the turntable is better than I give it credit for if it were matched up with better electronics.)

My two cents worth anyway.
Thanks everyone for your responses.The reason i needed to know was the fact that the pre-amp that I choose will work with the grado gold.
Dear Kurt: +++++ " Of course maybe that is due to my current system being so much better than my old system. " +++++

certainly you are right on this. I own those B&O beauties that I use in a non B&O TT loaded at 100Kohms and 100pf and all I can say is that are just fantastic performers and IMHO at least at the same level overall of any MC/MM today cartridge.
If you have any today opportunity try to test those B&O cartridges I'm sure you will be happy about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
>>IMHO at least at the same level overall of any MC/MM today cartridge.<<

Well I disagree with this. I owned both the MMC-1 and MMC-2 with my B&O TX-2 some years ago.

No way either of these cartridges stands toe to toe regarding clarity, depth, and dynamics compared to Zyx Universe, Transfiguration Orpheus, or Dynavector XV-1s.

Never.