Motor Controller ugrade for Raven One Turntable

Jeff, at Highwater Sound has said that owners of the TW Acustic Raven One turntable can experience a huge improvement in sound by replacing the Raven One motor controller with the controller from the Raven AC turntable.

Has anyone tried this? Jeff is the authority on the Raven turntables, so I am sure he is right about this. I am just curious to hear from any Raven One owners that have tried this.
slowhand
Interesting thread.

The statement about the Raven one retail $6000 being worth $600 in build costs ? - maybe I misunderstood.

Anyhow - for those that experienced real sound improvement with a motor controller upgrade - I am willing to bet you will experience an even bigger audio nirvana boost going to an armpod. Real Raven experience on the Copernican thread.

The OP was looking for improvement in sound with this table. Reason for my post. Not trying to derail anything.

Cheers
I apologize for commenting above and not contributing to the OP's question. I only have limited personal experience with the AC motor controller. I have heard it under show conditions at RMAF 2010 and have heard the Raven controller on my friend's table, but I have not compared the two to each other.

I find the subject of motor controllers quite interesting. So rather than highjacking this thread any further, I have started a separate thread on the general subject in the Analog Forum.

Again, I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone.
" Look forward to your response and assistance "
I thought I already did.

Dev I can tell your upset and tender right now maybe re-read what I said carefully and absorb it with a open and clear mind OK. Despite how you interrupted my comments sarcasm was not my intent.

Your other concerns? I do own a direct drive and a very nice one at that but I use it to listen to Rock and roll mostly but its not my reference front end.

Good afternoon
Heart Burn

Blackburn,

suggesting I'm upset or tender is just too funny on your part and so far from being the truth, in actual fact it's the total opposite.

Again I'll ask because you have not provided;

Enlighten us on your comments made because so far your threads posted are far from being constructive and you come across that you are the end all who knows all, help us please!

Another simple question that you have eluted was;

What does your set-up consist of?

Now that you have mentioned that you have two set-ups one with a direct drive table but is not actually your reference front end that you have mentioned in another thread that you have 30 plus Gs and feel foolish invested.

You appear to be pretty SECRETIVE for some reason but at the same time very opinionated with your remarks in postings in general in relation to other gear.

Here's mine;

Table - TW Black Knight
Arms - TW 10.5 and REED 12"
Carts - A90 and MSL Ultra
Pre-amp - VAC Sig MK2a w/phono
Amps - VAC Statement 450's
Speakers - MBL 101E's
Cables - Stealth through out

Will most likely add a DD table at some point for a different flavour.

We're waiting!

The best comment in the whole Thread was the change of name from Black Night to Good Night :-)